Monday, January 30, 2006

THE WORD OF GOD

Well, I keep talking about the Bible, so I guess it's time that I explain my stance on God's Word. Most likely, every person has some perception of the Bible, whether it be a positive or negative one. An atheist, for example, probably thinks that the Bible is a farce, and something that man has created, and a crutch, used by weak-minded religious folk. To be honest, I DO use the Bible as a crutch, but not quite the way that an atheist might perceive it to be, but as a life force , the pulse of God, endued power from the living God, and in effect a real crutch, to keep me from falling. Are you ready for this? The Bible is NOT a book!!! You may ask"What in the world is this crazy fool talking about?" The Word of God is a Living, Breathing, love letter to mankind of ALL time as we know it. Granted, it comes to us, as humans, in book form, but God's Word is eternal, God's Word is Jesus. Now some who read this may also say,"Man!you are really reaching!" John1:1 says this..."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God." It goes on the explain that the Word is Jesus, and that ALL things that exist were created by Him.
Now, let's talk about which version of the Bible is the correct one to read. I have lost count of how many versions there actually are, but that does not matter to me anymore. There was a time when I tried to debate that one version is better than the other, or that one can only be right with God if he reads the King James Version; on and on. There is a key verse in the Bible that says that God's word WILL NOT return unto Him void(Isaiah 55:11). Man can burn it, change it, manipulate it, or even pervert it, as many cults have done, but God's Word CANNOT be destroyed; His message of love for ALL mankind WILL come through, no matter what is done to it. So what is the right thing to do? Jesus said that He would not leave us alone, and that he would send a comforter, namely the Holy Spirit of God, who helps us to discern how we should live, and also what His Word means. Personally, I believe that the King James version is the most accurate translation of all, and if you are NEW to the study of God's Word, I would suggest that you start with the KJV. I do use other versions for my personal study, but I depend on the Holy Spirit to show me the way.
This brings up this question:"Are there any versions of the Bible that are wrong?" I may prefer one version over another, but the only ones that I think are "wrong", so to speak, are the ones that delete or deny certain basic principles of salvation, or what is known as "The Gospel of Jesus Christ" I don't attack any one religion or go on "witch hunts" to cause damage to others, but I will speak the truth about the Gospel, even if it angers some people. True Christianity has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion, BUT, it has EVERYTHING to do with having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Here are what I call UNDENIABLE truths about Jesus:#1.Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, a common woman, chosen by God , who gave birth to Jesus from the Immaculate conception of the Holy Spirit of God. I cannot explain it, it needs no explaining, it's just fact, and God planned it that Way!#2. Jesus was, and is all God, all man, who is our Creator, who was incarnated as a man, who lived a perfect, sinless life. and gave Himself to die on a cruel cross for the SIN of mankind, that was the result of the sin of Adam and Eve, a curse passed on to every living person, that could only be resolved by the BLOOD of the Lamb(Jesus).#3. After three days in the grave, Jesus was raised from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit, and after a short time on Earth, he ascended BACK into Heaven, where He sits on the right hand of the Father, and IS coming again to complete the redemption of HIS children.
If ANY version of the Bible deviates from these basic but incredibly essential doctrines, then THAT version is in error, and most likely the workings of satan, and or a cult of people who are being used as puppets of the devil!! satan is overcome by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB, and the words of my testimony. I don't debate "versions" I only care about "truth", and"the TRUTH shall make you free!"

No comments: