Wednesday, January 25, 2006

LIVING HE LOVED ME,DYING HE SAVED ME!

I gave this print to my mother many years ago...before her time on this Earth was over, she gave it back to me, saying that it would be something to remember her by. I love this picture, but I don't need it to remember possibly the sweetest woman that God ever gave breath to! It is NO accident that my wife and my two sisters remind me of her, for I am blessed beyond measure.
This does remind me of yet something much deeper than that...the intense and undying Love that Jesus has for me. If I had been the ONLY man on Earth, He would have come and died for me, and I know that. Jesus not only loves me that much, but He loves and has loved all the people that ever WERE and ever HAVE BEEN, and everWILL BE; that's why they call it Amazing Grace!

I am convinced that unless a person has experienced the personal touch of the Savior, that finding words to describe that experience is difficult. The writer of the old hymn "One Day" tells the story. Jesus is our creator...He was always in Heaven for eternity past. He has no beginning.




One day when Heaven was filled with His praises


One day when sin was as black as could be.


Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin


Dwelt amongst men, my example is He!


Chorus: Living He loved me; dying He saved me;


Buried He carried my sins far away;


Rising He justified, freely, forever;


One day He's coming...O Glorious Day!


One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain,


One day they nailed Him to die on a tree:


Suffering anguish, despised and rejected;


Bearing our sins, My Redeemer is He!


Chorus


One day they left Him alone in the garden;


One day He rested, from suffering free;


Angels came down o'er His tomb to keep vigil;


Hope of the hopeless, My Savior is He!


Chorus


One day the grave could hold Him no longer'


One day the stone rolled waay from the door;


Then He arose, over death he had conquered;


Now is ascended, my Lord evermore!


Chorus


One day the trumpet will sound for His comng;


One day the skies with His glories will shine;


Wonderful day, my beloved ones bringing;


Glorious Savior, this Jesus is Mine!


Chorus


If you would like to know this wonderful Savior, ask Him, with a sincere heart, to reveal Himself to you. If you really mean it, something supernatural WILL happen in your life; OH...it may be subtle, but it WILL be powerful, and you WILL know it when it happens. If anyone wants answers concerning the Bible, I can help you, or find help, BUT the best place to go is a quiet place that exists between you and God alone. He will send the right people to minister to you if you will ask Him to and trust Him.



2 comments:

Larry Wiseman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Day by Casting Crowns said...

List to this...