Monday, January 16, 2006

IMAGINE

One of my favorite pictures is the one you see here today. As time goes on, I will share my experiences as a Christian, and how I came to be one. To make a long story short, I was raised in your average "All American" home, with both parents staying married to each other for 64 years. Imagine that! Both my mother and father were Christians, but as I grew up, I gradually drifted farther and farther away from God; I even became a Buddhist; oh well, I called myself one, but to be honest, I did not even really know what a true Buddhist was, but I meditated a lot, and did not even know what I was meditating on! LOL. So my life went on, and one day the Holy Spirit of God overwhelmed my spirit, and life, and I not only fell in love with Jesus Christ, I gave my heart and life to Him. My life has not been the same since May of 1982, and I have seen many wonderful things happen. Many who read these words will say that the things that I write of are a "crock", but the ONLY reason that they can say that is that they have YET to experience the Word of God, and His wonderful Love. I made all kinds of fun of Christians for so many years, but when you allow God to get you, you are GOTTEN. I will write more later, but I know that I know that I know, and I once was very much like the skeptics that are alive today; SO I can't judge anyone. God Will Bless You, if you allow Him to. Study the picture above, and just IMAGINE one day having the King of the Universe taking you into His arms like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry, The picture you selected to start your website is outstanding. This brings back memories of a time when you were not walking with God. Your family prayed that you would renounce your past and come back into the fold. The Holy Spirit touched your heart, and you were convicted and experienced true repentance.I love the word repentance, which you know in the Greek is Metanoia, & the definition means like a soldier marching in one direction & then doing a complete about face. This week I used Luke 18: 1-8, along with a story from a book, Everyday miracles, as a devotional for Dorcas Circle. The emphasis was on verse 1..that men ought always to pray, and not to faint. Your life is evidence of the importance for Christians to be faithful to pray. God bless you now & always. You are loved...from the first born of your siblings...Audrey